I am Maitreyee Chakraborty from 'City of Joy' Kolkata, that is situated in India. I am an educator by profession and a learner by heart.
• Patience, flexibility, open mindedness and approachability are my four mantras of vibrant teaching career of eight years.
• My lessons are equally lively in offline and online mode of learning with the application of various, new age teaching methodologies.
• I have worked with children who have special needs and guided them to meet the learning goals.
• Currently I am working on developing a sound, light and facial expression based story telling process where gifted learners can participate and relate to the content.
• Recently I have shifted to online teaching, as I believe it can reach to more number of students and can break many learning barriers.
• Enquiry, inclusion and integration are three main components of my lesson plan, as I truly believe children should know: what are they learning, why are they learning and how to apply the gathered knowledge in their day to day life.
• Masters in history with B.ED. from Govt. College acts as a base of my teaching career, whereas certificate course on Student Psychology, pursuing M.ED. are acting as seasonings on it.
• Whenever I am not working you will find me reading books, singing or attending upskilling courses in online platforms.
• My super kiddos told me to believe in having wings, to believe in day dreams, to believe in fairies, to believe in every single object around us can speak; hence I'm believing and creating magic with my kiddos every now and then. Hence proved I am a magician! (Yes, I believe we, teachers, create magic in our classroom). 🙂
Social Studies Facilitator in 21K School (May, 2022 – Till date)
• Collaborating virtually and developing learning resources aligned with the learning objectives of an online school to ensure learning outcome.
Learning Facilitator in Edify School Tirupati (October, 2018 – March, 2022)
• Ensured that all students fully comprehended the taught curriculum and provided support tostudents who required extra guidance.
• Adopted distinctive teaching methodologies, documented all lessons, organized
healthy group discussions, and mentored troubled students.
• Conducted online classes with modern classroom technology.
• Planned and executed Art Integrated Group Activities in Primary as well as in Secondary grades.
Academic Content Writer (2015 – 2018)
• Produced well-researched educational content of social studies to publish in print.
Social Studies/History Tutor (2013 – 2018)
• Mentored students from grade-6 to 8 and degree students of honours courses.
Education / Training
Masters in History and Political Science
Bachelor of education
Masters of education (pursuing)
Advance Diploma in Computer Application
Certification in Student Psychology
"The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence." - Rabindranath Tagore
I am striving to pitch the correct notes to create that harmony 🙂