My name is Gabriela Gariglio, I am almost 30 years old and I’d like to introduce myself by the beginning of my carreer. First of all, I did not want to be an English teacher, because I studied to be a primary teacher - pedagogy (L1), but as I was a training teacher in a school which offered an English course for the students who were interested in it, I started getting in touch with a new environment and that experience delighted me and here I am. During four years I worked with Cambridge University Press material, but at the end of 2017, the school I work for decided to adopt a bilingual material, then I started being a bilingual teacher which means I teach English through math, geography, history and science.
I started a post-graduation in Neuroscience and I think it helps me to understand students’ cognitive learning process and last year I concluded a PDQ (Professional Development Qualification – Cambridge Assessment International Education) in bilingual education, which helps me to understand paramount processes in education, such as: assessment, metacognition strategies, necessity of aligning content and language and different ways to maintain active learning. I also hold Celta and Celtyl certificates.
Throughout the last eight years my life went through some changes and I have adapted myself for all of them, because I am the kind of person who knows that we learn a lot in a new process. Now, I am looking for new experiences and ideas, which other teacher could share with myself.
- Pedagogy, Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba (UNIMEP), concluded in 2014.
- Language, Universidade Anhanguera (Uniderp), concluded in 2019.
- Post-graduation: Neuroscience at School (Instituto Singularidades) (in progress).
- Professional Development Qualification – Certificate in Bilingual Learners – Cambridge Assessment International Education (São Paulo Open Centre) (November, 2021).
- Immersion Course – St. Giles International, Brighton – England (July 2015).
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) – Cambridge English – Language Assessment - Target Language Services (São Paulo) (January 2016).
- Certificate of Completion in Grammar for Teacher: Language Awareness Cambridge English – Language Assessment - (online) (May 2016).
- Young Learners extension to CELTA Cambridge English – Language Assessment – Seven Idiomas (São Paulo) (July 2016).
- New strategies and new technologies to bilingual education – Instituto Singularidades (30 hours, São Paulo September / November 2019).
- Neuroscience: Biological bases of learning – Instituto Singularidades (10 hours, July 2020).
- Neuroscience and education – Instituto Singularidades (10 hours, August 2020).